Having a nice place to stay in Ibiza is probably the dream of many of us. The island is known for its stunning sandy beaches, lively nightlife, and good climate. It is a misleading idea that only young people tend to come to the island. In fact, many retired people move to Ibiza.
Buying a house in Ibiza is not difficult. You can you hire someone to help. There are many Ibiza homes for sale available on the Internet. You only pick up the house you like and contact a so-called gestor. But, if you want to save some money, you can purchase it on your own. Foreigners planning to buy property must know local rules and requirements.
- Start with picking up a place in one of the island towns. The most popular options are Playa d’en Bossa, Sant Antoni de Portmany, Cala Llonga, and Es Canar. All the towns are located at costa of the sea. What is the point of buying a house far away from near the sea? All these towns have plenty to offer. It is easy to find wonderful restaurants, good bars, and noisy clubs.
- Collect the right documents. The process of buying property for nonlocals is a bit difficult. It is advised to counsel a lawyer to make sure know all requirements. You have to prepare a long list of documents, including Spanish tax number. It is possible to apply for it in your country. Without these documents, you will not be able to open an account in the bank.
Once you get tax number, you can open an account in one of the Spanish banks. There are no limitations or requirements in terms of which bank to choose. At the same time, you are recommended to choosing a reliable bank with a good record.
- Whether you want it or not but you will need a notary. The notary verifies the purchase of property and records a notarial deed. His/ her role is also to check whether everything is fine with the house you like. This is what you cannot check on your own. The notary has access to various documents and systems.
- When a client needs some time to collect the required amount of money, he can make a reservation. That means that you pay a small amount and the place is taken off from the sale. Other people will not be offered it. However, do not wait for too long. The owner has the right to return the money and put property for sale again.
- Avoid buying a house in high or holiday seasons. Most houses are rented at that time. You will not have a chance to check them inside. The best time to search for a good house is from November till June. The prices at that time are also much better.
Buying a nice house in Ibiza is not difficult. You can save plenty of money if you buy it on your own.